Thursday, October 23, 2008

My mind is like a stew pot, a little bit of this and a little bit of that.

Have you ever found yourself thinking about the future and you step back for a second and see that not everyone you wished there were actually not there and some people you never thought would be there are right by your side supporting you 110%. I never thought once in my life that it would take this long to get the ball rolling. When I was younger my dad sat my sister and I down and made us write a list of goals we’d like at accomplish in the future. Mine looked a little something like this:

Own my own home and have a great job by 21.
Go out of the country.
Have 2 children by 25.
Save a trillion dollars.
Save the whales. (We must have been studying about those in school.)
Collect hundreds of glass rabbits. (Glass rabbits?? Really??? I liked those?)

Now, I laugh at a few of those. I must say if I would of bought a house when I was 21 it would have been repossessed. Even though it was only almost 2 years ago, 2 years makes a hell of a difference. I’m not too worried about being married by the age of 25. I guess I was in some sort of rush to grow up when I was younger. Now, now I’d just like to enjoy each and every day.

On another note, I don’t get laziness. My whole life I’d had to work for everything and I actually didn’t mind doing it. (Except for when my dad would make my pick up sticks and said he’d pay me a penny a stick. I leaned that sometimes you have to bend the rules a little. I broke all my stick in half. I mean really, a penny a stick? I guess I understand we did live back in the woods.) For example the ton of homeless people I see everyday on my way to school or when I’m out and they’re asking for change when I’m leaving the bar. Some of those people really should get a job. Or some should just stop bothering me because I’m pretty sure they have more $$$ than I do! But laziness on a different level is what really gets under my skin. My parents own rental homes. I used to have to go in there and clean up after people when they’d move out. I honestly don’t know how some of those people lived how they did. I guess what I’m getting at is don’t be afraid to clean up after yourself. If you don’t have time, make time. Don’t live like a clown in a freak show. I hate clowns!!!

I had my first two nursing tests today. The first one, A+, this last one I just took… Well, we’ll see about that one when I go back to class after lunch. I think I may have skipped a page or two while reading last night! Eh.

Well, I guess that’s all the ramblings I have for today. Maybe not though, we’ll see...

2 comments:

Britters said...

Well theres my little Socrates lol your blog cracks me up! I know you are going to great in nursing school!! I hope I'm still in your future lol Love you and call me sometime!

Flecksible said...

you should've broke the sticks in half = more pennies(ha)

soulreflecksions.blogspot.com